Sunday 9 May 2010

Walk 30 (OD 5) -12.2 miles - Total 386.4 miles - To Go 613.6 miles

Robin’s Walk and AXA PPP Step Up Challenge
Racecourse Common, Trefonen, Treflach, Nant-Mawr, Llanymynech Hill, Llanymynech and Four Crosses.
Breakfast is fun today as the Presidente game progresses. I have also given Karen presidential powers and heard her manifesto for education and immigration. I am the representative of the people and comment on which of their policies I would vote for. Both take a view, like many politicians, that I am not informed enough to understand their ideas. I point out I am the voter and understand what I need to understand! Rob is furious with me in the night for keeping him awake with my snoring....until he realises it is not me....but cannot then understand where the noise is coming from. By deduction we discover it is Kate our hostess son Nigel in the room next door to Rob who has a farmers snore and a half.
I join Rob at Llanymynech as we wander along the Montgomery Canal. Lovely level walking with lilies beginning in the canal and a much smaller but still impressive aqueduct taking the canal over the river. My ankle is improving but painful so have taken iboprufen and am going to see how walking through pain works out.
We stay in Welshpool tonight where we find a pub showing 3D Sky Football. My first experience and amazing it was too. As an Arsenal fan and Rob as a Liverpool fan we agree that Chelsea over the season deserve it and are playing attractive football. This is better than Mourhino served up and good to see. Well done Ancelloti. Bring on next season so we can start to dream again!
We are now getting squeezed as we try to get in 15 mile a day stretches, keep the blogs up to date with pictures and play bridge matches online.

No comments:

Post a Comment